Sunday, February 21, 2010

What makes you so special?

I had an amazing week of networking and meeting really great people. One of those meetings with with a wonderful woman who has been speaking for many years. When discussing my message and what I really want to impart to people she asked me a really tough question. She asked, "What makes you special, why would someone hire you when there are hundreds of others with your message?" I sat there like a big brick just hit me upside the head. That is an excellent question and one I had not asked myself. Not in a conceited way by any means but in a way that makes you look deep within your self to find the answer.

What makes you so special? Why are you unique? Why you and not someone else?

If you can't answer this for yourself than how can anyone else see it, believe it and promote it? 

You have to have that answer if for no one else but yourself. I encourage you to dig deep, to realize what unique traits make you...YOU!  Then let the world know and watch your destiny unfold. It won't be easy but realizing your unique traits and attributes will allow others to see the same and what a great gift that is.

Shine ON!

Keri

3 comments:

Dave Hendricks said...

I agree, my dear. Its a fine line between confidence & cockyness, but if you don't believe in your abilities, then who else will? Hope all is good in your world. Dave

laura said...

Jeana Keough was asked to be a guest speaker at a Pepsi Women's Executive Networking Event and she asked me to join her. I spoke more about how to have healthy skin vs networking, but the women seemed to like it. You would have been a perfect speaker!

Danthra said...

This is a deep concept indeed, because we are not replaceable only when we are using our unique talents.