Monday, January 18, 2010

The Importance of Commitment

A friend of mine sent me this and I had to post it! There is a big difference between "wanting" and "doing". You must put your desires into action...hope and thoughts will NOT get you to where you want to be. I think it is important to set goals but I feel it is equally important to share them.  Make sure you have people in your life that will keep you accountable. I know we all can struggle with this...so let's make the commitment to be committed.



Dream big...ACT bigger! Shine ON!!!

Keri


To Achieve be Committed

Achievement through commitment is what I choose to discuss today. The difference between a good intention and producing a result is your level of commitment. You can want and desire all you want but unless you commit yourself full-heartedly you may never accomplish your goals or even begin to actively pursue them at all.

What does it take to commit yourself?

I am not sure I know the answer to that one. What the difference is for me is just knowing that nothing can stop me from doing whatever it is that I commit myself to. It is the promise I make to myself that whatever I set out to do is a done deal. I let nothing stand in my way. I choose to make it a priority. Commitment is a tough thing to explain, sort of like love you just know what it is when you are committed or when you are not. It is a feeling that you get inside of you, that let's you know if you are truly committed and your level of commitment. It can be a choice you make as well, led by your desire to have, do or achieve something. Once you have the desire, make the commitment, you get into action powerfully and it is a done deal.

Your action challenge is to commit yourself to your goals and desires, commit yourself to your life fully. Follow the messages from inside that lets you know it is something important to you. Do not half way live your life jump in with both feet. Let the feeling of desire spark your choice to commit, then get into action and make it happen. Quotes to inspire you.

“It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and  discipline that enabled us to follow through.”

 “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting  pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the  success you seek.”

 “Commitment unlocks the doors of imagination, allows vision, and gives us the "right  stuff" to turn our dreams into reality.”

 “There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing  something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to  something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

 “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”

Affirmation or Mantra
I achieve whatever I fully commit myself to. I choose my commitments by checking in with my feelings and desires. Nothing stands in my way of making it happen.

No comments: